19 Mar 2013

I give it a year



I wanted to propose to my partner at the Roxy, but I had to have a ruse to get her there. part of that ruse was this movie.  And as you will see it was a, well, an interesting choice.


Synopsis:

Nat (the very hot Rose Byrne) and Josh (Rafe Spall) have gotten married after six months.  And no one thinks it will last 12 months. Things get more complicated when Nat has to work with a rich new client, Guy (Simon Baker), and decides to flirt with him to help win his account for her firm. But the more she flirts with Guy the more she becomes attracted to him.

Ensue romantic hijinxs.

The film is pretty much standard fare as far as British romantic comedies go. There are few surprises, and it is certainly not as good as Death at a Funeral. There are a few good laughs, but this is more of a romance than a comedy for me.

The cast perform well, Stephen Merchant and Simon Baker playing familar roles.  Jason Flemyng and Minnie Driver were the stand out performers for me.

The story tried to be a little conventional, and while I would say it succedeed I wasn't overly impressed.

It wasn't bad, it wasn't great, and the best bits may have been in the trailer. This is not a richard Curtis film, but if you like those sorts of movies you will probbaly enjoy this.

Five monkeys from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment